If I could present to you an audible version of what’s going on right now I think it would sound kind of like how I picture a big time news room sounding. Usually, in my brain, that mostly sounds like typewriters and papers being moved around and general chatting on telephones. After I wrote that I suddenly realized that not many people are like me and actually write on typewriters anymore let alone a newsroom. But I digress. What I basically mean is that there’s a lot of work going into this weekend’s MONTBEERLIER FEST!
This Saturday you’ll be treated to a really nice handful of casks (stay tuned to social media for teases) and, well, a pretty stellar draft list to boot. We’ll also be feeding you delicious SAUSAGE SANDWICHES from Artisan Meats of Vermont and MUSHROOM SANDWICHES (for those not into the whole SAUSAGE SANDWICHES kind of thing). You’ll also get the first chance to experience our collaboration beer that we made with Lost Nation Brewing Company called the Three Penny Lost Galaxy. It’s tasting pretty epic if we do say so ourselves.
Here’s the official skinny:
- The whole thing takes place this Saturday behind the Taproom in the shared parking lot with Onion River Sports (Thanks ORS!).
- We’ll be open inside by the way, our normal hours (12-Close).
- The event starts at 3 o’clock in the afternoon and runs until 9 at night.
- Those times are the times that we’ll be A: tapping casks B: pouring our collaboration beer among others and 3: serving SAUSAGE SANDWICHES!!! AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!
- There is no required ticket to get in; anyone over the age of 21 can just walk right through the security checkpoint (we won’t be frisking you). You’ll be able to purchase tickets inside the event that are either good for a pour of beer or a SAUSAGE SANDWICH! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! (I have no clue why I’m doing that – but I can tell you that Artisan Meats completely outdid this home run of a sausage)
- Tickets inside will be $5 each. And that’s a fact Jack.
- We’ll also have specially made Montbeerlier T-Shirts that have been made and we’ll be selling those too.
- And, to top it all off, The Mike Lorenz Trio will be playing music and then we’ll clear the stage for the Mad Mountain Scramblers! It’s going to just be an all out ridiculous day, in a good way.
And, while I can’t tell you exactly what we’ll be pouring for the day I can, however, tell you that if you are either a fan of Hill Farmstead, Lawson’s Finest Liquids or Lost Nation then, well, you won’t be disappointed.