Well, you made it. Good for you [he says in a Jersey accent – which sounds more like “Gud Fah Ewe”].
We’ve entered what I’d like to call “We are going to have a good amount of Stouts on for the month of January” January.
It’s a bit of a mouthful but we’ll get through that too.
I’m simply implying to we’re in the midst of the Stout season (that is, the season of which Stouts, in all of their varieties and styles, are enjoyed more often than say when it’s one hundred degrees Celsius) and you’ll have an opportunity to try a good amount of them in the next couple of weeks. There is a good chance, as well, that “We are going to have a good amount of Stouts on for the month of January” January will leak into “We still have a good amount of Stouts to pour for you that we didn’t pour for the part of the ‘We are going to have a good amount of Stouts on for the month of January” January and now we have them for February” February. But, I’ll keep you posted.
Some of the hits that will be rolling include but are not limited to:
- Zero Gravity Oyster Stout: brewers used to use oyster shells as a form of filtration before someone invented something that works better. The good folks at Zero Gravity are not time travellers (well, not all of them) and they have the modern conveniences needed for their filtration so I imagine they’re adding the shells for the salty flavor they impart. People with shellfish allergies might not want to try this one.
- Lawson’s Finest Fayston Maple Imperial Stout: it’s a large Stout made with Maple Syrup from a brewery that knows a thing or two about using maple syrup et al in their beers.
- Idyetime Oatmeal Stout: I love stouts when they’re somewhere close to 6% ABV and under and use a good portion of oatmeal because it makes it fuller in the body and creamyish.
- Upper Pass Moove on Up Stout: a coffee milk stout because it’s kind of like a really good breakfast.
- Founders NITRO Breakfast Stout: higher in the A to the B to the V than the Upper Pass and also includes chocolate and is also nitro’d.
And many more, for the whole month, just for you, don’t tell no one else [double negatives be damned].
And don’t worry, we won’t have ONLY stouts on, I wouldn’t do that to you.
Stay tuned kittens.